GOBI Food Waste & Packaged Food Dryer
Our Gobi Dryers are heavy duty food waste reduction systems which can process catering wastes and also packaged foods into valuable biomass and recyclables. The use of this simple, low maintenance system can reduce the volume and mass of wastes by up to 90%, greatly reducing the cost for collection and disposal. The dried powdered residues can then be used in our biomass systems to create heat and hot water for your site, reducing your spend on utilities. The Gobi dryers come in range of capacities from 50kg per day to 5000kgs per day. Bespoke & Turnkey plant for greater volumes are also available.
How It Works
A batch of food or packaged food waste is fed into the feed chamber, where an automated process heats and mixes the materials. The high heat removes any moisture, the mixing augers shred and depackage the foods. At the end of the batch, the materials are cooled to become manageable, then an automated process can be initiated to expel the materials from the system into a waiting receptacle. The now powdered moisture free material is inert, sanitised and odourless. The packaging is shredded and dry allowing an optional screening system to separate the two fractions or straight to bin for disposal.
- BIOMASS FUEL: With energy values exceeding that of wood products the dried food becomes a valuable fuel resource
- STORAGE LIFE: The biomass produced is low odour and inert so it can be stored for long periods safely without degradation
- ECONOMICS: The reduced volume and weight significantly decreases the cost of storage, collection and disposal
- ANIMAL FEED: Traceable source food wastes can be dried and stored safely for use in animal feeds
- PROCESS TIME: The food waste is processed typically in 2 batches with cycle times ranging from 5 hours to 7 hours
- QUANTITY: The drying process results in up to a 90% reduction in both the weight and volume of the food waste
- CAPACITY: Range of systems from 50kgs -5000kgs per day, bespoke available for 5000+ per day
- OPTIONS: Product screening to separate recyclable packaging & biomass fuel, biomass boilers